These delicious donuts with a hint of nutmeg is made more healthy because of Kefir. Try these recipe, it’s easy to make just follow some simple steps.
- 3/4 cup kefir (low-fat buttermilk, (1%) or plain yogurt) – click here to buy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- First step is to preheat the oven to 425°. Then lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- Next is to combine the in a large bowl the sugar, flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt then stir to combine.
- Combine in another bowl the kefir, honey, eggs, butter, and vanilla then use a whisk to stir. After that, pour the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Using the piping bag, fill the doughnut pans with the batter. Or you can use a spoon to put the batter into the doughnut pans.
- Afterwards, bake in the center of the oven for about 9 minutes until the bottom is golden. Allow it to cool then top it with the berry icing.
- For berry icing, cook over medium heat the berries with sugar and a couple tablespoons of water until berries are turned to sauce. Then strain into a bowl to remove the seeds and 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Mix well.