These scrumptious buttermilk biscuit recipe are so easy to make, if you follow a few simple instructions.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or milk Kefir – click here to buy
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter (very cold)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 to 24 hrs before to making biscuits, mix in a bowl the buttermilk and flour together. Cover and let the flour to soak. (But if you are using the sprouted flour then you can skip the soaking part).
- Preheating the oven to 450°F. Then start by cutting the butter into small chunks and add it to the flour/buttermilk mixture together with baking powder, baking soda and salt. (Remember not to over mix it, but if the mixture is too dry then add some buttermilk).
- Next is place the the dough onto a lightly floured board. Then softly pat the dough to 1/2 inch thick. (This way the biscuits are lighter then using a rolling pin).
- Then cut the dough using a round cutter to cut out the biscuits. Place the cut out biscuits into a cookie sheet. Afterwards, bake the biscuits for about 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.