This cottage cheese is made only with two ingredients. These recipe is quick and easy to prepare. Just follow simple steps!
- Start by heating the milk into 60°C [140°F].
- Then gently stir the milk and slowly pour the kefir into the milk as a slow steady stream. (Remember not to stir it too fast or too long or else the curds will break apart).
- As you continue stirring the curds will separate – they should be clear and not milky. But if they are milky, increase the heat and add more kefir. Still slowly stirring it for a while until the whey becomes clear.
- Remove the curds using with a strainer. Then place them on either on cheesecloth lined colander or mesh-type strainer.
- Allow the curds to drain for about 15 minutes tops and you have a fresh cottage cheese.
Tip: Refrigerate the kefir before making the cottage cheese.