Start your day with a delicious muffins made of whole wheat and oats with apples. Try these recipe!
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) plain 1% yogurt or plain 2% yogurt or kefir milk – click here to buy
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded peeled apple
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
- 4 tsp (18 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- The first thing to do is to combine in a bowl the oats and yogurt(kefir) and leave it for about 10 minutes. Then add in the apple, eggs, oil and vanilla .
- Combine in another bowl the sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Once they are combine pour the yogurt mixture over. Sprinkle it with raisins and stir.
- Next is to spoon the mixture into a paper lined muffin cups. Then bake it 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Allow the pan to cool before transferring the muffins.