Breakfast is the most essential meal of the day. You need to see to it that you eat a healthy and energy packed breakfast in order for you to do everything you need to do in a day. This whole wheat zucchini muffins is a perfect choice to start a busy day right. With a combination of eggs, butter dairy, fruits and vegetables, you can never go wrong with this whole wheat zucchini muffins recipe.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 small sized banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/8 cup milk (of your choice)
- 1/8 cup honey
- Salt to season
- While preparing all the ingredients, have your oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Mix in the apple sauce, banana, milk, honey and olive oil in a separate bowl. Stir to thoroughly mix.
- Combine the dry and wet mixtures together and then blend well.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Lightly grease the muffin cups to avoid the mixture to stick to the cups.
- Fill the cups with the mixture.
- When done, bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top portion of the muffins turn brown.
- The inside area of the muffins must be exceptionally moist.
- Get the muffins off the oven and let them cool to firm up.
- You can serve the muffins while it is still warm and ultra-tender.