This spinach and parmesan dip recipe is best served with hearty wheat crackers. Just a little tip when doing the preparation- at first, you may notice the spinach almost overflowing in the skillet. When this happens, keep stirring until it begins to wilt. It will eventually reduce in volume.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 2/3 cup less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over a medium fire. Add the olive oil.
- Sauté the garlic in about a minute.
- Add the spinach and the salt.
- Sauté for another 3 minutes or till the spinach wilts.
- Bring the sautéed mixture into a colander and then press it until barely moist.
- Place the mixture in a food processor.
- Add in the cream cheese, pepper and the basil.
- Process the mixture until smooth.
- Place the processed spinach mixture into a bowl and then add the yogurt and the cheese.
- Mix well and chill before serving.