This curried crab spread recipe can last for a few days. You can prepare it on an instant or a few days ahead. You may likewise prepare the crostini ahead. Simply let the bread slices completely cooled down on a wire rack. When cold, store them in a zip-top plastic container.
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/6 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 18 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, curry powder, salt lemon, black pepper and dry mustard. Mix them well.
- Fold the crab meat gently.
- On the baking sheet, arrange the bread slices into single layer.
- Evenly brush one side of each bread slices with olive oil.
- Broil the bread for a minute or until it turned slightly brown.
- Serve with the spread.