Are you looking for a sumptuous Chinese style dish that is easy to prepare? Then you may find this super-fast prawn noodles a perfect choice. Another way of cooking this is by using chicken in lieu for the prawns. You can shred left over roast chicken and add it to the broth. This is preferable for those who are allergic with prawns.
- 6 chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 medium sized fresh root ginger, shredded into thin matchsticks
- 150g peeled king prawns (raw would be better, but cooked are fine)
- 2 bok choi, cut into quarters
- 1 sachet straight-to-wok noodles
- 2 spring onions, minced
- Pour in the chicken stock into a wok and bring it into a boil.
- Add the oyster sause, hoisin sauce and the fish sauce and then stir well.
- Ass the fresh ginger root and simmer for a few seconds.
- Add the prawn. If you prefer a raw prawn, you have to let the mixture simmer for around two more minutes or until the prawn turn pink. However, if you use cooked prawn, you can have it added with the bok choi.Simmer for another two minutes or until it wilts.
- Add the noodles into the broth.
- Occasionally and slightly stir it to loosen up the noodles.
- Bring back the liquid and then simmer for another 2 minutes to warm them through.
- Using tongs, scatter the noodles straight from the wok.
- Pour in the broth using a ladle.
- Sprinkle some spring onions and then serve hot.