This recipe is another way of preparing your favorite salmon. This is perfect for special occasions and even during ordinary days.
- 250g potatoes, sliced into chunks
- 40 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- A pack of 21 poached salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, juiced and with wedges to serve
- Small bunch dill, minced
- ½ tablespoon sunflower oil
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped
- 50g cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 50g bag watercress
- Salted water
- Place the sliced potatoes into a pan and add enough salted water.
- Simmer for around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli. Continue boiling for another 3 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Drain excess water and let the potato and broccoli to steam dry.
- When dried and slightly cool, roughly mash the potatoes and the broccoli.
- Flake the salmon and add it to the mash mixture.
- Add half part of the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add the dill and some seasoning.
- Shape the mixture into 2 cakes.
- Preheat the frying pan and then pour in the oil.
- Fry the cakes for around 3 minutes per side or until each side turns brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix well the remaining lemon juice, the mustard and the seasoning. Set the mixture aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, the avocado and the watercress in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle the salmon cake with dressing and then add in extra lemon wedges.
- Place the mixture into a plater.
- Serve the salmon cake with the salad.