Are you looking for a sumptuous Chinese style dish that is easy to prepare? Then you may find this super-fast prawn noodles a perfect choice. Another way of cooking this is by using chicken in lieu for the prawns. You can shred left over roast chicken and add it to the broth. This is preferable for those who are allergic with prawns.
- 6 chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 medium sized fresh root ginger, shredded into thin matchsticks
- 150g peeled king prawns (raw would be better, but cooked are fine)
- 2 bok choi, cut into quarters
- 1 sachet straight-to-wok noodles
- 2 spring onions, minced
- Pour in the chicken stock into a wok and bring it into a boil.
- Add the oyster sause, hoisin sauce and the fish sauce and then stir well.
- Ass the fresh ginger root and simmer for a few seconds.
- Add the prawn. If you prefer a raw prawn, you have to let the mixture simmer for around two more minutes or until the prawn turn pink. However, if you use cooked prawn, you can have it added with the bok choi.Simmer for another two minutes or until it wilts.
- Add the noodles into the broth.
- Occasionally and slightly stir it to loosen up the noodles.
- Bring back the liquid and then simmer for another 2 minutes to warm them through.
- Using tongs, scatter the noodles straight from the wok.
- Pour in the broth using a ladle.
- Sprinkle some spring onions and then serve hot.
Carrot and sweet potato mash recipe is perfect for those who are watching over their weight. This recipe can be served as a stand-alone snack item or a side dish for regular meals.
- 250g sweet potatoes, chopped
- 250g carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, bashed
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 15g butter
- Salted water
- Place the carrots, garlic and sweet potatoes in a pan.
- Add in enough amount of salted water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the cumin seeds and the butter.
- Season and the roughly mash the mixture.
This recipe is another way of preparing your favorite salmon. This is perfect for special occasions and even during ordinary days.
- 250g potatoes, sliced into chunks
- 40 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- A pack of 21 poached salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, juiced and with wedges to serve
- Small bunch dill, minced
- ½ tablespoon sunflower oil
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped
- 50g cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 50g bag watercress
- Salted water
- Place the sliced potatoes into a pan and add enough salted water.
- Simmer for around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli. Continue boiling for another 3 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Drain excess water and let the potato and broccoli to steam dry.
- When dried and slightly cool, roughly mash the potatoes and the broccoli.
- Flake the salmon and add it to the mash mixture.
- Add half part of the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add the dill and some seasoning.
- Shape the mixture into 2 cakes.
- Preheat the frying pan and then pour in the oil.
- Fry the cakes for around 3 minutes per side or until each side turns brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix well the remaining lemon juice, the mustard and the seasoning. Set the mixture aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, the avocado and the watercress in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle the salmon cake with dressing and then add in extra lemon wedges.
- Place the mixture into a plater.
- Serve the salmon cake with the salad.
Mushroom lovers would surely love this recipe. The spinach dip with mushroom is perfect for finger foods. You can have it served with a variety of raw vegetables to make it more presentable, delicious and eye catching. Among the best vegetables you can use with the spinach dip are carrots, celery, jicama, bell pepper strips, cauliflower, zucchini coins and broccoli florets.
- 20 ounces of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups fat-free sour cream
- 6 green onions, minced
- 2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the combination very well.
- Cover the mixture and then place it to the refrigerator.
- While waiting for the dip to chill, prepare the vegetables you.
- Serve while the dip is chilled and while the vegetables are still fresh.