Crispy potato skins recipe is a nutritious snack that your kids will surely love. This recipe is a better alternative for unhealthy junk foods. At the same time, you can get to utilize the skins of the potato instead of just having them thrown away. In seasoning the crispy potato skin, you may choose various kinds of herbs and spices. Depending on your preference, you can use garlic, caraway seed, thyme or tarragon to season the skins. Chives, fresh basils, cayenne pepper and dill can likewise be used to enhance taste.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven up to 375 degrees F while preparing for the ingredients needed.
- Clean the potatoes thoroughly.
- Pierce the potatoes by using a fork.
- Place the potatoes inside the oven and let it stand until the skins are crunchy. This would normally take around 45 to 60 minutes.
- When desired crispiness is achieved, get the potatoes out of the oven.
- Slice the potatoes into two parts and then scoop out the pulp. Be sure to leave around 1/8 inch of the potato pulp still attached to the skin. Set aside the pulp you had pulled out for other use.
- Mist the inner part of the skin using the butter flavored cooking spray.
- Press in the fresh rosemary and the ground black pepper to the inside of each potato skin.
- Bake the potato skins again for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately while crisp.