Blueberry Kefir smoothie is just among the easy to prepare great snack that has lots of probiotics and antioxidants. You can add up some cinnamon and flax to maximize its yum factor. Add some honey on top to make it more deliciously looking and healthier. With blueberry kefir smoothie, you can have full benefits of milk and fruit in a single serving. Here’s how you prepare your very own blueberry kefir smoothie recipe.
- 3/4 cup plain kefir
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Flax (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Fruit bits (optional)
What you need:
- Blender or Magic Bullet
- Clean glass or cup
- Put the kefir and the blueberries inside a Magic Bullet or a blender, whichever is available.
- Blend the ingredients for less than a minute until smooth texture is achieved. You may add half a cup of crushed ice if you prefer your smoothie cold.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass or a cup and then sprinkle some cinnamon and flax.
- Top it up with a little honey and fruit bits or anything else you want to add.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious smoothie!
Kefir Salad Dressing
Kefir can make up a nutritious and delicious salad partner. Green goddess dressing and dip with kefir is a soft and creamy dressing that works best in almost all kinds of salad. Its texture is somewhat thick making it an excellent dip for vegetable sticks, crackers, cauliflower florets and broccoli. It can also be used as a sandwich spread.
Basically, this particular recipe involves the main ingredients like avocado, kefir and apple cider vinegar. However, you may add some herbs and spices to the dip in order to enhance its taste and appearance.
- 1 medium size ripe avocado
- 1 cup kefir
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp dill leaf
- ½ tsp kelp
- ½ tsp herb salt like Herbamare
- A pinch of turmeric and cayenne to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and blend it well using a blender.
- Scrape down the sides using a spatula or blender plunger to include those stuck at the sides.
- Continue blending until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Serve on a platter with green salad or with colorful vegetables for dip.